While Quartz and Porcelain seem to be all the rage in the high-end countertop space, natural stone has a unique beauty to it and should still be a strong consideration for high-end kitchens and master bathrooms. Natural stone countertops can make an impact on the appearance of a room when using some of the level four and five quartzites that have beautiful movement and unique veining running through them. Natural stone is a popular choice for countertops for several reasons:
- Durability: Natural stone, such as granite and quartzite, is extremely durable and can withstand heavy use and high traffic in the kitchen or bathroom.
- Heat resistance: Natural stone is heat resistant, which means you can place hot pots and pans on the surface without worrying about damage. This is particularly useful in a kitchen where cooking takes place. It is also helpful in bathrooms where curling irons are frequently used.
- Aesthetics: Natural stone has unique patterns, colors, and textures that make each piece one-of-a-kind. The natural variations in the stone give it a beautiful and unique appearance that is difficult to replicate with other materials.
- Resale value: The use of natural stone for countertops can add value to a home. Many home buyers are willing to pay a premium for a home with high-end finishes, including natural stone countertops.
- Longevity: Natural stone countertops can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance, making them a good long-term investment.
- Environmental Sustainability: Natural stone is a renewable resource and can be quarried with minimal impact on the environment. Additionally, many natural stone suppliers use environmentally responsible practices to minimize the impact of quarrying on the local ecology.
The other major benefit of choosing natural stone is that each batch looks different when it comes out of the mountain depending on what area of the world and when it was mined. This means that you can have the same named stone as your neighbor or friend, but it will look completely different in each of your homes. While these natural stone countertops can be more expensive than other materials, the durability, aesthetics, and long-term value make them a popular choice for homeowners who want a high-end look and long-lasting investment.